Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu must offer Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to negotiate, based on the establishment of a Palestinian State in 70% of the West Bank, for the US to support Israel moving forward with annexing the other 30%, US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman told The Jerusalem Post.
An interview with Friedman in honor of the second anniversary of the US moving its embassy to Jerusalem will be featured in Friday’s Jerusalem Post.
There’s something ironic about a law passed to defend democracy now being attacked by people who argue they’re the ones defending democracy.
Can someone charged with crimes
form a government? That is the question the High Court of Justice has determined to answer, as it began hearings on the matter on Sunday. But the decision it makes will mean more than whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu can remain in office. It will tell us about the role of the judiciary in our government.
Basic Law: Government is pretty clear on what happens to a prime minister when he’s indicted – nothing, unlike other cabinet ministers.
Will the fact that Iran has been hit so hard in the coronavirus crisis, and the economic aftershocks that go with it, change the nature of its threat to Israel?
Despite the coronavirus crisis nearly monopolizing the world’s attention, Iran managed to draw some focus last week, successfully launching a satellite into orbit using ballistic missile technology.
This step towards developing missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons took place as Iran crossed the threshold of 5,000 deaths from coronavirus.
As of Sunday, over 90,000 citizens of the Islamic Republic had contracted COVID-19 and 5,710 died, according to official reports, which Mossad Chief Yossi Cohen and others have said are much lower than the true numbers.
Iran has been the epicenter of the pandemic in the Middle East and its government has faced accusations that, like its patron China, it has covered up the extent of the disease’s spread.
How two neophyte MKs punched far above their weight and played a key role in bringing the unity government together.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
and Blue and White leader Benny Gantz
– who, if things go as planned, will be premier in a year and a half – and their negotiating teams spent weeks hammering out a deal to establish a unity government.
Again and again, talks broke down, but they always restarted because there were only two choices available to Gantz and Netanyahu: Either figure out a way to work together, or there will be a fourth election.
Neither side had a majority without the other: Netanyahu had only 59 supporters out of 120 Knesset seats, and Gantz had 59, as well, before Blue and White split apart.
Who were the two holdouts who kept the candidates from going it alone? MKs Yoaz Hendel and Zvi Hauser, now known as the Derech Eretz faction. These two political neophytes held far more sway than the numbers would have one think.
‘China’s leadership must be held to account for its criminality and corruption,’ renowned jurist and human rights activist Irwin Cotler says
The world must hold the leaders of the Chinese Communist Party accountable for covering up information about the coronavirus, former Canadian justice minister and current chairman of the Raoul Wallenberg Centre for Human Rights Irwin Cotler said in an interview with The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.
Cotler spoke out against the CCP’s “long standing culture of criminality, corruption and impunity.”